- Katharine Luckinbill is one of the three children of the actress, Lucie Arnaz and her second husband, Laurence Luckinbill
- The 39-year-old followed in her mother’s footsteps to pursue an acting career but later switched to running the family business started by her grandparents
- She is married Jeff Conner whom she shares a son, Jefferey Dodge Conner
Katharine Luckinbill is the daughter of actors Lucie Arnaz and Laurence Luckinbill. She started out as an actress before switching to recruiting specialists. Though she appeared in College Debts and Captain Incredible, her popularity is always linked to her successful forbears including her grandparents Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz who were some of TV’s premier couples.
Despite shifting her attention to other areas like managing the family’s business as well as talent recruitment, her show biz roots remain an important part of her life.
A Look Into Her Early Life
She was born Katharine Desiree Luckinbill on January 11, 1985, in New York. The 39-year-old is the youngest of three children of her parents, Laurence Luckinbill and Lucie Arnaz. Alongside Simon and Joseph Luckinbill, her brothers, she has two older half-siblings, Nicholas and Benjamin from her father’s first marriage.
The New York-born unlike most entertainers never nursed the ambition of pursuing an acting career till she was sixteen and after she had attended the David Stage Camp. As per this view, she picked up the ‘bug’ at this stage despite growing up amongst actors.
Katharine Luckinbill Started as an Actress
Katharine has been credited as an actress ever since she took the limelight alongside her mother. Having mentioned that she became interested in acting at 16, she had already started acting prior to this when she was only twelve.
Moving forward, she made her presence known with Broadway productions. Katharine did a debut solo act Love(or lack thereof) in 2011.
The then-child actress may have made quite an impression as she got other roles. She acted in the roles of ‘Zoe’ in College Debts and as ‘Crack Whore’ in Captain Incredible. Having taken those roles, Katharine has not been seen in other roles and is now reported to be building her career elsewhere.
Did You Know These Intriguing Details About Katharine Luckinbill?
1. She is A Trained Performer
It is not surprising that many actors and Broadway performers have a background or education that reflects their interests. For Katharine, her training had started as a teenager before proceeding to college where she honed her skill.
The Luckinbill descendant attended the Professional Children’s School and obtained a diploma in 2003 after which she proceeded to Julliard. Her time there was not eventful as she soon changed her institution to the University of Miami.
As it is, she graduated with a degree in Fine Arts. In fact, there is a little twist that started even before she enrolled. Obviously, she and her parents had agreed that if she was going to be in entertainment, she had to do it properly by getting a degree. Thus, she attended school and got training in Theatre Arts and Performance.
Also, she wrote some solo projects while attending college. In fact, she wrote a Cabaret for her college thesis.
2. Lucie Arnaz’s Daughter Once Taught Pre-School
Having obtained college training, Katharine plans to launch a successful career met with obstacles. At first, she moved to Los Angeles in search of better chances but she soon lost her way and was forced to return to New York.
Her return still did not produce the result since even the plays she did were not successful. Not long after, she left the industry and picked up a teaching career in preschool. She tried acting again when she was recalled for an earlier role in Dracula.
3. She Comes From a Theatrical Family
Katharine Luckinbill is generally known for her two movie roles, yet she has a history in the movies and theatre going back to three generations. Starting from her grandparents to her parents, she is surrounded by actors, actresses, and moviemakers. These are members of her family in the industry;
- Her Parents, Lucie Desiree Arnaz and Laurence Luckinbill: Her parents are remarkable actors in their own right. Both have been in the industry even before she was born. Her mother is well known for The Jazz Singer, Who is the Black Dahlia? and Being the Ricardos. Her father on the other hand did remarkable work in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier as well as Cocktail.
- Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz: Her maternal grandparents were one of Hollywood’s most admired couples who kept many entertained with their I Love Lucy show and its many spinoffs. The couple brought great changes to the industry through their production work such as the use of several cameras to film performances.
- Desi Arnaz Jr. and Amy Arnaz: Her maternal uncle and his late ex-wife share a background in entertainment. In fact, her uncle also started acting as a child alongside his parents. He owns the Boulder theatre in Nevada where many works have been produced.
- One of her brothers, Joe Luckinbill is a composer.
4. She Is A Third Generation Daughter To Debut Beside Her Mother
Katharine’s grandmother Lucille Ball died in 1989 at the age of 77 yet her legacy has been passed down across a generation. The I Love Lucy actress made a name for herself with that role. Interestingly, she acted with Katharine’s mother’s pregnancy and continued to do so with her daughter after she had given birth.
As the story goes, Lucie Arnaz picked up acting from that point upward and even has production credits to her name. The acting pool continued when Lucie also introduced her daughter to acting. Despite Katharine not having many credited works, it doesn’t take away the fact that she is a third-generation actress to start acting beside her own mother.
5. Katharine Luckinbill Works in Her Family’s Business
View this post on Instagram
The child actress had a quick appearance in the movie industry and made a quick switch to another industry. As reported, she now works for the family business that was started by her grandparents, Lucille Desiree Ball and Desiderio Alberto Arnaz in 1940.
The original company that her grandparents formed was Desilu Studios and Desilu Productions before Lucie(her mother) and her uncle, Desi Arnaz Jr. later turned it to Desilutoo to manage the family’s estate.
Aside from her grandmother being the first woman to own her studious, she also passed down a legacy that her granddaughter is now a part of.
Katharine is a third-generation member of the family that joined the company in 2018.
6. She is a Certified Internet Recruiter
Going by her LinkedIn profile, Katharine has her hands full as she dabbles her work at Desilu and specialty as a recruiter. The actress turned recruiter has built a large capacity to meet clients’ needs. She is certified as an internet recruiter by CIR(AIRS).
As of now, she is a freelancer with experience in creative and technical sourcing for talent, design, and gaming.
So far she has worked with;
- Riot Games(2018)
- Harpo Productions
- Snap Inc
- 24 Seven Inc
7. Her Marriage to Jeff Conner
Katharine is married to Jeff Conner since June 18, 2016. Her wedding which was witnessed by friends and family took place with the Washington Aquarium in the background.
The couple planned their marriage all by themselves. However, they did not release details about how they met. Yet going by the glamourous wedding, the couple has a beautiful love story.
8. The Former Actress is a Mother
Katharine and Jeff’s marriage of over five years is blessed with a child. Their son Jeffrey Dodge Conner was born on May 28, 2019. The excited mother revealed that she is already sharing an important tradition with her son just as she did with her maternal grandmother, Lucille.
Based on her recollection, she used to sit and watch Inspector Gadget together with her grandmother after which she would be given Oreos and milk. Since she doesn’t want such an important tradition to die, she is implementing it with her54 year old.
9. The Arnaz-Luckinbill Descendant is a Contributor
The former actress is passionate about humanity whether in politics or lifestyle and as such, she invests much of her time in volunteering or organizing campaigns. Going back as far back as 2007, a few years after she left college, she worked as an organizer for President Barack Obama’s campaign. All in all, she spent two years on his campaign.
Outside of the political space, she volunteers with;
- Angel City Sports- giving swimming lessons to people with disabilities. She started in 2017 and is still an active volunteer
- Safe Space for Youth(2017-Present)-She helps to serve meals to homeless people
10. Katharine Luckinbill’s Net Worth
Her net worth is generally believed to be $500 thousand even though she has not verified this amount. Moreso, she made this from her acting, managerial, and recruiting career of many years. Importantly, she is connected to people who have impressive net worth.
Katharine’s mother, Lucie Arnaz has a net worth of $20 million that she made from her acting and singing career while her father is worth $4 million.