Willie Beir, the late wife of Max Gail died of cancer in 1986. The American-born was mostly known for her marriage to Gail who is a Hollywood star that is best recognized for his portrayal of Detective Stan “Wojo” Wojciehowicz on the sitcom Barney Miller (1975–1982).
Willie and her celebrity husband share a daughter together named India.
Willie Beir was Married to Willie Beir for Just 3 Years
As earlier stated, Willie Beir used to be the wife of the popular American entertainer, Max Gail. The pair got married in 1983 and were blessed with a daughter named India. Willie was later diagnosed with cancer in 1984, while India was about 8 months old. Her cancer diagnosis was devastating news for her and her husband and the pair did all they could to fight it. Unfortunately, she passed on 23 April 1986 in Malibu, Los Angeles, aged 41.
Her Husband Remarried After She Passed Away
Willie Beir’s husband married Nan Harries in 1989, 3 years after Beir passed. Gail and Nan fathered 2 children together namely Maxwell and Grace. However, Gail and Harris got separated amicably in 2000. Sources later revealed that Gail has been in a relationship with Chris Kaul since 2007.
Meanwhile, Gail’s daughter with Harris, Grace Gail, is a model. She is also known to have married the American actor Adam Rodriguez in 2016. They have three children, including son Bridgemont Bernard Rodriguez who was born on March 16, 2020.
Willie Beir was a Native of Harris County, Texas
The late Willie Beir was born on 10 January 1945 in Harris County, Texas. This means that she was 2 years younger than Gail who was born on April 5, 1943, in Detroit, Michigan, U.S.
Her Husband has an Impressive Career Record
As earlier captured, Willie’s husband Max Gail, 80, is an American actor who has made several TV, stage, and movie appearances. He has been active since 1970 and has several works to his credit. Gail also won the 2019 and 2021 Daytime Emmy Awards for Best Supporting Actor for his role as Mike Corbin on the soap opera General Hospital.
More so, Gail runs Full Circle, a production company that has featured documentaries on such subjects as Agent Orange, Native Americans, and nuclear issues. Some of his other popular works include
- 2018 – The Cool Kids as Rober
- 2018–2021 – General Hospital as Mike Corbin
- 2017 – Abundant Acreage Available as Hans
- 2017 – Hawaii Five-0 (TV series) as Bill Walker
- 2017 – The Hero as Gary Babcock
- 2015 – Review (TV series) as Forrest’s Father
- 2015 – Longmire (TV series) as Thomas Hoyt
- 2015 – Underdog Kids as Charlie Walker
- 2015 – Mad Men (TV series) as Floyd
- 2015 – I’ll See You In My Dreams as Carl
- 2015 – The Frontier as Sean
- 2013 – 42 as Burt Shotton
- 2012-2013 – Psych (TV series) as Jerry Carp
- 2009 – Always and Forever (TV movie) as Bill Anderson
- 2009 – You Don’t Know Jack: The Jack Soo Story as himself
- 2007 – Dexter (TV series) as Banana Boat Tour Guide
- 2006 – Tillamook Treasure as Grandpa Kimbell