Some guys are not just straightforward and forthcoming on anything that robs on their emotions. This is the reason why they may like you but decide to play it cool. Moreover, it could be difficult to understand what a guy wants, especially if he is the shy type.
Meanwhile, not every man around you wants to cross the boundaries of your friendship. This is why you need to pay attention to certain signals before you know who has a crush on you. One of the major things to look out for is that some days, he will act friendly and warm. But on other days, he will simply choose to ignore you for no good reason. Most men deploy this trick because they don’t want their feelings to be pronounced.
More Signs He Is Into You But Is Playing It Cool
1. He is always giving you attention
A very important sign that he likes you but is playing it cool is when he ALWAYS gives you attention. Sometimes, he may pretend like he does not care but he still finds a way to come around. Also, it is a sign that he likes you if he loves to be closer than necessary and also pays careful attention to your conversations.
2. He is unable to hide his smile when you are around
If a guy is into you, you will realize his gaze on you is becoming longer than usual. Sometimes, he will quickly look away when he realizes you are looking back. Also, if you notice he likes to smile at you often, it means he has a crush on you and is only demonstrating it with a cheesy grin.
3. When he is restless around you
There is a high tendency for a guy to get nervous whenever he is around a lady he likes. Some of the signs you are likely to observe are sweaty palms, heavy breathing, and a cracked voice.
4. He is too Protective
One of the major signs he is into you is when he becomes subtly protective. He is likely going to demonstrate this by keeping you away from potential danger, assisting you do any form of task, and always being on the lookout to ensure you are comfortable.
5. When he showers you with compliments
Giving subtle compliments is another way some guys express their affection for ladies. If you notice he always praises your hairstyle, outfit, accessories, shoes, etc, it may be that he likes you but is playing cool.
6. He likes to hang out with you
If a guy likes you, he will always want to hang out with you for 2 major reasons. The first is that he will use your frequent outings as a mechanism to announce to other guys that he is in this ‘territory’. Another reason is that he may be looking out for approval from his family and friends.
7. He is always making you laugh
If a guy likes you, he will be very careful with his choice of words. He will also try to initiate light humorous conversations always. This will help him create an emotional bond with you. Moreover, it is popularly believed that the way into a woman’s heart is through what she hears.
8. When he finds a way to make physical contact
Little touches are clear signs that he is interested in you. He may like to hold hands with you, fix something on your dress or hair, or even offer hugs and handshakes. Moreover, most men are moved by physical touch from the opposite sex.
9. He is always calling and texting
ALWAYS is key here. When a guy likes you he will ensure he calls often to check up on you whether or not there is an occasion. This also applies to text messages.
10. He gets jealous when you are with other guys
What else can be a better reason for being jealous if he does not like you? If he likes you but is keeping it cool, he will have a sense of insecurity when you are hanging out with other guys. The reason is that he feels someone may move ahead of him.
SEE ALSO: How To Spice Up Your Sex Life
Other Signs You Should Watch Out For
11. He makes new plans with you in the picture
12. He often mentions you to other people
13. He always enjoys your company
14. He opens up to you
15. He is always showing up at the same places as you
16. When he becomes difficult to read or predict
17. He jokes about starting a relationship with you
18. He recalls little details about you including important dates like your birthday.
19. He often gets you gifts
20. When he makes your opinion matter a lot
21. He mimics your gestures
22. He is always enquiring about you
23. His behavior is inconsistent around you
24. When he is always looking and acting nice when you are around
25. When he is always helping you out
26. He is always on your social media
27. He asks about your previous relationships
28. His friend tease him about you
29. When he finds everything you say interesting
30. He cares about what you think about you