Even the best of relationships have their highs and lows. Whatever state your relationship is at the moment, good communication is key to an assured future. You probably know the things you should never say to your partner and you are faithful at your end. However, there are things your partner should also never say to you. This is because they can be demeaning or a pointer to a more serious issue.
When your partner utters a hurtful word, you may want to reflect and see if there is something he or she is trying to say indirectly. This will guide you in taking necessary actions in your relationship. However, you must remember that some people only say hurtful words because they are upset. In the long run, they will come around. But if your partner persists in saying the kinds of hurtful things that will be listed in this write-up, it is a sign your relationship is unhealthy and you may just consider moving on.
Some Of The Things Your Partner Should Not Say To You Include…
1. You are making a deal out of nothing
When this is said, it is usually a trick to shut you out of an important discussion or argument. Your partner should allow you to express your thoughts in the most responsible way possible. By the way, people are entitled to their opinion.
2. It is Just one thing after another with you
When your partner says this, it is an indication that you are either not stable or too demanding. If you are sure this statement does not reflect your person, then he or she may just be saying something to you indirectly.
3. This is why your ex left
Referring back to an ugly past is not a nice thing at all. If your partner uses your past against you, it is a very bad sign. Call him or her to order and make them understand why such toxic statements should not have a dwelling in your relationship.
4. Just shut up!
A rude statement with a harsh tone is the proper definition of anything that can ruin your day. Such should not come from your partner. No, it shouldn’t.
5. You look awful
Your partner may not appreciate the way you look. But there are better ways to say it and ‘you look awful’ is not one of them.
6. How do you like this? It’s so dumb
It’s okay for your partner not to share the same interest in stuff with you. But calling you or what you like dumb could be irritating. Your partner should always learn to respect what you like or dislike. This is important.
7. I don’t care
This statement could hurt whether or not it’s said subtly. Your partner should care about any and everything that concerns you. Well, even if he does not, he or she should act like it. The audacity to say ‘I don’t care is a warning sign.’
8. Have you ever done anything for me?
No doubt, love is sharing. However, it should not be on demand. Moreover, it is argued that real love gives and requires nothing in return. Watch out for questions like ‘what have you done for me?’ Your partner may be taking you for granted.
9. You are boring
It is not nice to blame your partner if your relationship loses its savor. Your partner should try to work out something to get your spark back instead of pushing blame on who is boring or not.
10. Don’t take this the wrong way
Often than not, beginning a conversation with ‘don’t take this the wrong way’ is bound to go negative. Your partner should not preempt your thought flow. At least not to your hearing.
Other Things Your Partner Should Never Say To You
11. You are overreacting
12. You are too fat
13. Your parents did a poor job raising you
14. Meeting you was a mistake
15. I earn more than you
16. Those couple look so good together
17. Grow up!
18. It was all your fault
19. My ex was better than you
20. You are crazy!
21. Shut up
23. This is why they broke up with you
24. You just behave like your parents
25. I wish I never met you
26. I wish you were (taller, slimmer fairer, etc)
27. This relationship is a mistake
28. You are too sensitive
29. You are so needy
30. I’m done talking to you
31. What the H*ll is wrong with you
32. You are so dull
33. You could return to your ex if you wish
34. You never help me out with anything
35. While you are out there, be on your best behavior
36. I’m losing attraction to you
37. You always disappoint
38. I don’t like your friends
39. Why can’t you be good at something?
40. What’s the big deal
41. I have been skeptical about settling with you
42. You are such an Idi*t
43. No one can keep up with that attitude
44. Go on and try. You won’t get it anyway
45. Stop being a child
46. You have always struggled with ……..
47. I don’t have your time
48. You will be more careful if you pay the bills
49. You are such a loser
50. I just cannot stand you.