Wedding vows are very significant because they reflect the noble intentions and commitment of partners to each other when tying the knot. While wedding vows are known to be more common for newlyweds, people could still renew their vows anytime after their wedding day if they so wish. When renewing their vows, most couples choose words that reflect the nostalgic and difficult moments they had together. Also, these vows are often written and read with a touch of humor and devotion.
What Exactly Does Renewal Of Wedding Vows Mean?
Renewal of wedding vows is not a legal wedding ceremony. As such, it does not require any legal paperwork. Most couples choose to renew their wedding vows because they want to recommit to one another by reaffirming their love for each other. People also do this because they want to reflect on their past moments while they prepare for what lies ahead.
Why Do People Renew Their Vows?
Couples renew their wedding vows for various reasons. Sometimes, diverse pressures may set in that will wash away the smiles and juice once enjoyed. For this reason, some people would choose to travel back on memory lane to the day they said I DO and see if they can catch up on lost time.
Secondly, some couples choose to renew their vows simply because they want to reignite their love and passion. It also helps couples to reaffirm their faithfulness both emotionally and sexually. It could also be that they want to reflect on their progress so far and reaffirm their commitment to each other going forward.
Furthermore, the renewal of wedding vows helps couples to remember that the marriage institution is sacred, hence it may not be enough to say you love your partner. You may need to do extra by making a solemn pledge that will be binding on you.
SEE ALSO: How To Spice Up Your Marriage
Best Way To Have Your Renewal Of Wedding Vows
As earlier stated, there is no right or wrong way to say your vows or have a vow renewal occasion or ceremony. Since it is not a new wedding, you have the leverage to keep things flexible. But in case you need a tip on how you can make it memorable, we can help you out.
- It may not be best to renew your vows on a random day. Preferably, make it happen on a special day like your wedding anniversary or birthday. This is likely going to make the occasion more enthralling and memorable.
- Bring in family and friends that were part of your wedding. You could allow them to give toasts during the occasion.
- Keep it simple. You must not overdress, over-decorate, or gather so much crowd unless you feel this is your preference.
- Make it memorable by doing something special you always wanted to. You could have another honeymoon, buy each other gifts, or start a new project together.
- Display throwback photos, watch your favorite movie, or listen to your wedding song. All of this could make your day special and memorable.
Tips on wedding renewal vows
1. “In the name of God the Father Son and Holy Spirit, I (mention your name), take you (name) to be my lovely wife/husband again. To have and to hold onward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until parted by death. This is my solemn vow to you.”
2. I’m so grateful to you (name) for the years we have shared and the ones we hope for. Today, I vow to support your dreams and aspirations, to grow alongside you, and to always encourage your personal development. I’m certain that together, we shall be the best version of ourselves.”
3. “(name) Just like I promised and made this commitment to you (…years ago), I promise to love you every day. To be your constant companion, your partner in adventure, and your anchor through tough times. Yes I DO”
4. “I love you in ways you have never been loved, for reasons you have never been told, for longer than you think you deserved, and with more than you will ever know existed inside me. You make me the better version of myself and I’m willing to stay with you until I make my final breath”
5. “Today, I renew my vows to you (name). Like the ocean’s tides, our love has weathered storms. I promise to stand with you through every wave or storm of life. With sandy toes and a gracious heart, I renew my commitment to you and our beautiful timeless, and ageless journey of love”
6. “This is what we call love. When you are loved, you can do anything in creation. When you are loved, there is no need at all to understand what is happening, because everything happens within you.”
7. “In the presence of our loved ones I express my deep gratitude for the love you have brought into my life. I promise to show appreciation for you and our relationship every day, celebrating the unique qualities that make us a perfect match”
8. “I knew from the moment we met that our souls were connected. Today, I reaffirm my belief in destiny and promise to honor the sacred bond we share. You are my soulmate, and I am forever grateful for your love”
9. “I promise to be your guiding light in the darkness, a warming comfort in the cold, and a shoulder to lean on when life is too much to bear on your own”
10. “How lucky am I to call you mine? Your love and trust make me a better person, every day. For all those times that we’ve been together, there’s always been a mutual understanding that’s only shared when two people love each other truly. You were there for my greatest challenges. You encouraged me to grow. You helped me believe in myself and become the person that I am today. In your arms and by your side, I know I can do anything. I’m proud to call you my husband/wife.”
11. “Today, surrounded by all of your loved ones, I choose you to be my husband. I am proud to be your wife/husband and to join my life with yours. I vow to support you, inspire you, and love you always. For as long as we both shall live, I will be by your side—for better or worse, in sickness and health, for richer or poorer. You are my only today and every day.”
12. “I’m madly in love with you, my husband. Not only do I promise that my love for you will grow with each day, but I promise to be your friend and partner every step of the way. I will be there for you, day or night, in richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. I trust, appreciate, cherish, and respect you. I promise to share with you my hopes and dreams as we build our lives together. You, my love, are my everything.”
13. “When I am with you, everything else fades to the background. You flood my senses with joy. You are my life, my greatest gift. I’m so lucky to call you my loving wife.”
14. “You’re everything that I ever dreamed of and everything I will ever need. Our love for each other is heaven-sent. Today I vow to be here with you and for you, forever and always.”
15. “I take you as mine, knowing and loving all of your strengths and faults, just as I offer myself to you as yours with all of my strengths and faults. I will be there for you in your times of need, just as I know I can turn to you when I need a guiding hand.”
16. “You have taught me that two people joined together with respect, trust, and open communication can be far stronger and happier than each could ever be alone. You are the strength I didn’t know I needed and the joy that I didn’t know I lacked. Today, I choose to spend the rest of my life with you.”
17. “Do you remember the very first day that we met? I knew the very first moment I saw you. I knew we were meant to be together for all of our days. You have become my lover, my companion, and my best friend. There’s no one else I’d want to build a life with. I get to have you by my side, my love, and my wife, for eternity.”
18. “I love you and thank the Lord for the love that bound our hearts and lives together in the spiritual fellowship of marriage. I will love, honor, and cherish you always. I will love you in sickness as in health, in poverty as in wealth, in sorrow as in joy, and will be true to you by God’s grace, trusting in him, so long as we both shall live.”
19. “In the presence of friends, family, and God, I take you to be my wife. I promise with divine assistance to be a faithful, devoted, and loving husband for all the days of our lives.”
20. “I love you, and I know that this love is from God. I want to be your husband/wife so that we might serve Christ together. Through all of the uncertainties and trials of the present and future, I promise to be faithful to you and love you. I promise to guide and protect you as Christ does his church, as long as we both shall live.”