The character ‘Luc’ from the TV series Emily in Paris was born Bruno Gouery in 1975. Aside from his career as an actor, Bruno is also known to be trilingual and a writer.
He has acted in roles in French and Italian dramas such as Double Je and A Bookshop in Paris.
Gouery is a private man whose love life isn’t the business of the public. However, someone he has refused to completely hide away from public knowledge is his teenage son.
What is the boy’s name? Take a wild guess.
Away from acting, Bruno enjoys time outside per his Instagram posts. The most information you would get from spending time on his social media is that he loves acting and enjoying nature.
Bruno Gouery was Born in France
As you may have already guessed, Bruno was born in France on July 11, 1975. Due to his roots, he has had a career in the French movie scene and did well there too.
Starting his career on stage, his first TV shows included playing the role of the handyman in Doc Martin. Named Romaric Groslay in the series, Bruno had big dreams that had nothing to do with continuing his father’s plumbing business.
In 2011, the series was considered the most viewed French series.
After a remarkable job in Doc Martin, Gouery had other roles in French TV series such as Double Je, Cherif, and Platane.
He also played roles in Les Nouvelles Aventures de Cendrillon, a modern rendition of Cinderella. There’s also a stint in Mais vous etes fous and also Alphonse President where he played the role of the president’s chief of staff.
After successfully sealing his stamp in the French entertainment world, Bruno went for the bigger guns. He got into the international scene and landed a role in Netflix’s Emily in Paris.
His Mother is Italian
Bruno Gouery doesn’t only know how to speak French. His mother is an Italian woman and she made certain to teach the actor the Italian language. He is a native Italian speaker.
The multi-lingual actor also had a career playing roles in Italian movies. He was cast as part of the actors for L’incredibile storia dell’Isola delle Rose (Rose Island). The drama is also a Netflix favorite and tells the story of a billionaire who builds his island on the coast of Italy.
He also worked with Sergio Castelitto on A Bookshop in Paris.
Gouery has a Son
Bruno Gouery is very private when it comes to his personal life and family. The details of his love life, marriage, and wife, are not what he has readily made available to the public.
We do know that he has a son whom he loves and flaunts on his Instagram account. The name of the boy has remained a mystery but from pictures, one can guess he is almost in his teen years.
From the images, father and son share great, quality times and enjoy their bonding time. They take vacations together and Gouery doesn’t tire to state how much of a proud father he is.
The mother of Bruno’s son isn’t known, yet. Maybe shortly, he will let his fans and followers into that aspect of his life.
Other Facts About Bruno Gouery
1. Some of his Filmography
- Here is a list of Bruno’s TV series and movie roles over the years:
- Doc Martin (2011-2015) – As Romaric Groslay
- Underground Time (2015) – As Technicien de l’informatique
- President Alphonse (2017-2019) – As Julien
- Captain Sharif (2018) – As Jossselin Gourvannec
- Super Jimmy (2019) – As Brigadier Fred Jolin
- Platane (2019) – As Duo 1 (David)
- Emily in Paris (2020-2022) – As Luc
- The White Lotus (2022) – As Didier
- Des lendemains qui chantent (2014) – As Redacteur en chef Nouvel Obs
- Marie-Francine (2017) – As Le bouquiniste
- The New Adventures of Cinderella (2017) – As Le patissier
- The Truk (2018) – As Francois
- Losing It (2019) – As Le professeur Gerando
- Places des Victoires (2019) – As Maneur groupe de parole
- A friendly Tale (2020) – As Serveur restaurant
- Zai Zai Zai Zai (2020) – As Jean-Pierre Galibert
- Rose Island (2020) – As Council of Europe Secretary
- A Bookshop in Paris (2021) – As Cleptomane
- Tenor (2022) – As Enseignant compta
- Frate (2022) – As Cesar
- Tramite amixizia (2023) – As The Robber
- Modi (2023) – As Maurice Utrillo
2. He Enjoys Time Out and Nature
Per images on Bruno Gouery’s social media account, he enjoys a lot of time out. He often shares images of himself out and more of nature.
When he isn’t on set working or attending an industry function, Bruno takes time out to enjoy nature and be outdoors.
3. He is a Screenwriter
The silver screen actor has more credits as an actor moving from stage to French and Italian films and TV shows. He eventually broke into the international scene by being part of the American movie industry.
However, this isn’t all there is about Bruno Gouery. He is also a screenwriter who has at least 3 writing credits to his name.
On the Emily in Paris actor’s IMDB page, he is credited for writing 5 episodes of the 2015 TV series, Doc Martin.
4. Bruno Gouery is a SAG Award Winner
The father of one is an award-winning actor who bagged a SAG award back on November 11, 2023.
In an Instagram post celebrating the end of the SAG strike, Bruno also shared that he and other cast of The White Lotus film won the Best Performance in an Ensemble award.
The picture accompanying the post was of the actor holding the award.
5. He is a Samsung Brand Influencer
As Luc from Emily in Paris, Bruno acts as a brand influencer for the Galaxy Z Flip 5 and Galaxy Z Fold 5 Samsung phones.
He and his co-actor from the series, Julien, played out the commercial for the ad and it is on his Instagram page as a paid sponsorship.