- House of the Dragon lead cast, Emma D’Arcy was raised in London by their parents, Richard John D’Arcy and Sally Elizabeth D’Arcy
- The non-binary actor has only one sibling, Leo D’Arcy. who is also non-binary
- Although they are yet to reveal the name of their partner, the actor has revealed their unnamed partner helped them with their looks during the self-audition for the role of Rhaenyra Targaryen in the Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragons
Non-binary actor, Emma D’arcy is the daughter of Richard John D’Arcy and Sally Elizabeth D’Arcy. They were raised in London alongside their only sibling Loe D’Arcy who was born Chloe D’Arcy. Although the actor has been quite private about their personal life, it seems they might be involved with someone who helped them during the self-audition for a role as Rhaenyra Targaryen in the Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragons.
The Ruskin School of Art graduate is said to be the Joint Artistic Director of the forward Arena Theatre Company with several theatre and television productions credits to their name.
Who are Emma D’Arcy’s Parents?
The House of the Dragons actor was born to parents, Richard John and Sally Elizabeth on 27 June 1992 in London. They were raised in a tight-knitted and supportive family in London.
Their mother, Sally is said to be pursuing a career in the entertainment industry as well. In addition to that, Emma’s mother has reportedly been involved in quite a number of charity projects. She has used her page on Facebook to help raise funds for different causes and people.
Emma’s father seems to be away from the spotlight but it is said that he is an artist. His paintings and prints are based on Cotswold landscapes, flora, and fauna. Richard D’Arcy’s works have been displayed in several studios including the Cheltenham Open Studios site and the Shed Studio in Charlton Kings. He is also part of the Cheltenham Open Studios which is a non-profit association that is run by artists for artists. He is often referred to as D’Arcy the Painter 2022.
Based on his LinkedIn, Richard D’Arcy is a graduate of Folkestone School of Art and also University for the Creative Arts. He has worked as a creative director in Amacom International and also Royle Publishing.
Who is Emma D’Arcy’s Husband?
According to our findings, the actor is not married yet but has a partner. During an interview with Vulture, Emma D’Arcy mentioned that they were living with their partner at the time they auditioned for a role on HBO’s The House of the Dragon. The actor also revealed that their partner helped them in the pre-production process.
Emma has had short hair for a long time so they need a wig to prepare for the final stages of the role of Rhaenyra Targaryen in House of the Dragon and it was during the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic. The actor added that they had only hair extensions with no stylist to help them install them. However, since their partner was with them, they tried and made a wig using hot glue extensions. The couple had the guidance of Emma’s stylist via facetime.
Although the English actor has not revealed the name of their partner, there are speculations that they might be in a relationship with the stage and screen director Thomas May Bailey.
These rumors about them may be due to Emma’s recent posts on Instagram with the director. Also, the actor’s alleged boyfriend has shared quite a number of posts about the role Emma is playing in the prequel of Game of Thrones, House of the Dragon on his Twitter page. He was also seen in several photos Emma shared on social media of the premier of the HBO series. So could there be more to this friendship between Emma D’Arcy and Thomas Bailey?
Meet the Other Family Members of the Actor
Despite speculations that Emma D’arcy is an only child, Loveohlust.com discovered they have a sibling who is also said to be non-binary. The actor’s sibling was born Chloe D’Arcy but they are now called Leo D’Arcy. Leo seems to have taken after their father in the creative industry. Aside from being an artist, Emma’s only sibling is also a dancer.
Here are some Quick Facts about the Emma D’Arcy
- Emma D’Arcy’s biggest acting gig is said to be their lead role as Rhaenyra Targaryen in House of the Dragon, HBO’s prequel to Game of Thrones. The younger version of their character in the series is said to be played by Milly Alcock.
- Emma D’Arcy, who is nonbinary and uses gender-neutral pronouns, reportedly embraced the role of Rhaenyra by channeling their own experience regarding gender identity to develop the character.
- The 31-year-old theatre actor studied Fine Art at the Ruskin School of Art as well as the University of Oxford.
- They have appeared in several theatres and television productions including Truth Seekers (2020), United Strong Alone (2015), Mothering Sunday (2021), and Little Cub (2017). Also, they have appeared in several versions of Romeo and Juliet as well as The Crucible at Hackney’s Yard Theatre.
- Aside from acting, the Wanderlust actor is also an artist. Their mother revealed this after she shared a painting they made while in high school.
Following the recent growth in their career, the actor has revealed that they have found themselves pulled and repelled by masculine and feminine identity. That being said, Emma D’Arcy’, who comes from a very supportive family would soon become a voice for nonbinary actors in the movie industry.
Although they are yet to reveal the name of their partner, it is safe to assume that they also have the support of the partner as well but for how long would the relationship last? Not to jinx the actor’s relationship, but research has shown that 48% to 52% of celebrities tend to break up within the first ten years of the relationship. Whatever the case may be, we hope Emma D’Arcy keeps getting better.