- Les Zampino is a Martial arts instructor who formed one of the earliest academies in New York
- Despite his early entry into the field, the 76 years old trainer is well known as the father of Sheree Zampino, the first wife of Will Smith
- The Schenectady-born martial artist is said to have lost his wife whom he shares Sheree with as far back as 2008
Les Zampino is a martial arts trainer and father to Sheree Zampino who used to be married to Will Smith. The celebrity father achieved a lot as a martial artist and is regarded as one of the pioneers in New York. Unlike his life-long pursuit of martial arts, he is surrounded by popular people in the entertainment industry.
Moreso, despite having a successful career, he is always linked to his daughter’s Hollywood popularity as an actress and businesswoman as well as her first marriage to Smith. Here is all we know about Sheree’s father.
He Is A Martial Artist
Zampino’s lifelong passion is martial arts. Having dedicated his younger years to building a career in the field, he still maintains a fervor.
Reportedly, he entered training in 1969 under the tutorship of Master Sang W. He was able to hone the skill which led to his establishment of a martial arts school on Broadway in 1977. The school which is named North East Taekwondo Academy is one of the pioneer schools in the area.
According to the school’s website, it offers programs to a varying degree of students and lovers of the art.
The former athlete is well known within the cycle and is said to have
- Membership in American Taekwondo Association
- 9th Degree Belt
Elusive Facts About Sheree Zampino’s Father
View this post on Instagram
1. His Early Life And Background
Born on April 24, 1947, Zampino started life in Schenectady, the city where he was born. Details about his early life include having an education at the Mount Pleasant High School in New York.
The younger Zampino also started showing a passion for the sports that he would later be known for, martial arts.
2. Les Zampino Married Life
Zampino had one of the most painful experiences of his life when he lost his wife Pat Jackson in 2008. Notably, many sources allege that he may have divorced his wife while Sheree was still young. As a result, Sheree spent more time with her father.
That sad episode is likely one of the many glasses of water under his bridge now. There are speculations that he is now married even though details from that relationship are still kept private.
3. He Witnessed The Success Of His Daughter, Sheree
Les Zampino only came to the limelight following the fame that his daughter’s acting and business career brought to her. Though she is one of his three children, she is the most popular. His other children are Richard and David Zampino.
Les’s daughter Sheree’s popularity comes from being an actress, fashion designer, and businesswoman. She founded the skincare company called Sheree Elizabeth LLC in 2009. Following the success of the company, she boosted her business by adding boutique services and a line of beauty products under the whoopiash label to her growing empire.
Having connected her acting and business career, she made a breakthrough by appearing on screen in;
4. Thomas Williams’s Daughter Had High Profile Marriages
Having said that Williams’s popularity comes from being the father of a celebrity daughter. It also goes without argument that Sheree, his daughter traces her fame and popularity through her career and marriages.
Reportedly, Sheree Zampino was married twice to two popular actors
- Sheree Zampino’s first marriage was to Will Smith: Mr. Zampino was once the father-in-law to one of Hollywood’s most admired stars. Looking at the relationship timeline, His daughter Sheree and Smith tied the knot in 1992 and were together for the next three years during which they had their son Willard Carrol ‘Trey’ Smith on November 11, 1992. While she maintains that the divorce was not due to infidelity, they had a tough legal battle over their son.
- Her Second Marriage to Terrell Fletcher: Sheree gave love a chance again by marrying Terrell Fletcher, the former NBA player cum actor who later became a pastor. She and Terrell got married in 2007 before going their separate ways in 2015. Her marriage to him did not produce any children. Though many sources claim she is Jodie Fletcher’s mother, a claim she has refuted. He moved on by marrying Kavalya Young.
5. His Daughter And Her Ex-Husband, Will Smith Reunited After The Oscars
View this post on Instagram
Most celebrity marriages that end in a divorce take the friendship that existed between couples away. In Sheree’s divorce with The Fresh Prince of Bellair star, Will Smith, they now have the semblance of a normal relationship, especially one involving a blended family. Importantly, she and Will Smith’s wife, Jada Pinkett get along and they have been seen together both off-camera together.
When Will grabbed his first Oscar award for his role in King Richard, Sheree Zampino was one of those that celebrated him. She shared a picture of them holding the award and praising the family for winning.
While this shows how far they have come in their relationship, there used to be an allegation that Will Smith cheated on Sheree with his present wife of over two decades, Jada Pinkett. Even though Sheree appeared on one of Pinkett’s Red Table Talk to talk about their relationship, both women have shown support to the man in their midst.
Moreso, Will and Sheree’s relationship may all be in the past, yet he revealed in an episode of Pinkett’s talk show that his divorce from Sheree is his ‘ultimate Failure’.